Online teaching adds geographical independence and a big dose of entrepreneurship to the life of a teacher. I've found that to be a very good thing.
As an instructor and program advisor for the University of Wisconsin-Stout's Online Teaching Graduate Certificate Program I teach online classes every semester. Another very important part of my job is helping people find work.
I try to keep our students informed of new jobs as I find them. However, every time I search I find thousands of online teaching jobs. I can't republish them all but I do have an archive of online teaching e-Jobs on my Scoop.it E-Learning page.
The best thing you can do is learn to search for the e-Job you want. Let me show you where you can find those job leads for yourself. (Don't miss the RSS feeds highlighting e-jobs found in the right hand column of this blog.)
I'm convinced, that at this very moment, the perfect online teaching job is waiting for any talented teacher with the right combination of subject matter skills, e-learning training and professional networking.
The E-Learning Employment Triangle
|The E-Learning Employment Triangle|
With the proper qualifications most work will come through your professional network. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't search directly for work and put together the necessary paperwork to land the online teaching jobs you seek.
Here are some of the search engines that produce results.
- Take the time to set up accounts and upload fresh resumes or CVs.
- Be sure your online e-portfolios are polished and ready for a critical eye.
- Then start searching!
One More Hint: Jump in the Pool!These snapshots represent searches for recent jobs. You can also search for all job listings because even if the institution doesn't have a job available right now, you might land one in the future. Don't underestimate the power of getting your application into the Adjunct hiring pool.
- Finding E-Learning Jobs* This will help you see the big picture!
- Finding Online Teaching Jobs: Are you a Online Teaching, Adjunct Instructor, K-12 Virtual Teacher?
- E-Portfolios for Career Development: It's not just resumes anymore! This is why we require a portfolio based on your course work in the E-Learning Certificate Program.
- Make Money Teaching Online Dr. Dani Baab helps you build great marketing plan for anyone looking for an academic online career.
- Successful Techniques and Proven Strategies for Finding Online Teaching Work