Friday, December 14, 2012
Edustruct.com: Beta Testers Needed
OPEN CALL FOR TEACHER BETA TESTERS
I've offered feedback to Mark at email@example.com. I found many areas in need of improvement. Frankly I hit him hard on issues I think are absolutely necessary for any CMS.
Mark's response to my very blunt feedback showed his passion and dedication to making his product competitive.
If you're willing to take a deeper look at the Edustruct CMS in development and offer specific feedback you'll be part of an interesting learning loop. I suggest you approach this test with an open mind. Create a list of features you want. Explore the Course and Discussion elements. Let Mark know what it would take to temp you into investing the time and effort needed to create and teach online classes using this CMS.
My guess? Everyone will learn something by going through the process. Dennis
On 12/11/12 10:23 AM, Mark Bavisotto wrote:
Thanks for connecting,
We're looking for some teachers and students to be beta testers for our software release. Please send this to your teachers. Go to social.edustruct.com and click on signup. Sign up as a teacher (don't worry about school code) and use the software. I have to start collecting data and feedback to see if we're on the right track. The software includes:
1. Public and Private Learning Communities
2. Group walls
3. Drop Box
4. Event Planning
5. Messaging service
6. connecting with outside resources to share with your classes
7. super admin panel- ( Admin has total control and view over the whole system)
8. Share ideas and documents with other schools- School to School Collaboration
9. Assignment Creation
10. Assessment Creation
11. Google Docs Integration
12. Google Hangout Integration
13. Safe-T-Net (Bully prevention)
15. Video and Content embedding
16. Digital collaboration on documents
17. Online Class Creation
18. much much more. (After beta release)- whiteboard functionality, Professional development communities, webinar creation, SIS Features etc....
Pass this on to as many teachers as possible.. Let me know if this is something you can do or you know of other teachers who can benefit from this.
Have them go to edustruct.com and sign up using the teacher signup link. It takes no more than a minute to sign up and activate their account. Again, there's Green Question Marks where users can view help videos to make their experience that much easier. Anything you can do for us will be greatly appreciated and I hope you share it with scoop it and your facebook page.
I really appreciate your help on this and we're striving to change education one classroom at a time.