ELearning Classes

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Becoming the Guide on the Side

I started learning online in 1996.
 
In 1999 I set a goal to make my living online. 

 A major stepping stone for me was landing an 'audition' with a new professional development online environment called Connected University.

It was a great experience. I taught over 30 courses for CU.  I recently came across a copy of the icebreaker response I made in my first 'guides' class.  CU had you take the Guides class as an extended job interview. The four week course was one of the best online learning experiences of my life.  After I graduated from the course, I was invited to be a TA in the next Guides class. I was off and running!

I had a great run at CU. Eventually it was swallowed up by a corporation and lost in time.

I recently came across a copy of the icebreaker response I made in my first 'guides' class. The prompts would work today, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.